Slovene Society of Educators in Boarding Schools (DVDDS) organizes VII. International professional congress in cooperation with The National Education Institute and Community of Boarding Schools Slovenia. The title of the congress is:
“The Challenges of Education in a Global Society”
The congress will take place on Thursday, 21 March and Friday, 22 March 2024,
at the Tabor Boarding School (Kotnikova ulica 4, Ljubljana).
The Congress will be held as a meeting of experts, intended for professionals working in boarding schools, primary and high school education, educational and correctional facilities, universities, facilities for adult education, social work centers, NGOs, health care centers, and other institutions providing care for children and young people who are included in the educational system in one way or another.
The aims of the congress are directed towards professional training, exchange of views and practices inside and outside of the expert field of education. The topics covered should help strengthen the professional identity of educators and other professionals as well.
With the intention to broaden and enrich our knowledge with practices from different places and from other professions, we invite experts from other countries to take part in the congress.
Topics will be presented in six sections:
- The challenges of pedagogical work
- The past, present and future of boarding schools
- Leadership and management in education
- Culture, sports and leisure activities
- Teenagers and the challenges of modern society
- Counselling service in education
- Youth section
GENERAL CONDITIONS AND DEADLINES
The formal language at the congress is Slovene, working languages are also English, Croatian, and Serbian language.
Active participants (the ones with written articles or a workshop and an article in the Information Publication of Subjects) apply for participation on this link –
or send the title and summary of the article through the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
|The due date for application of active participants, including article title and summary||27.11.2023|
|Notice of confirmation to active participants about their application||4.12.2023|
|The due date for submission of the complete written article – it is not obligatory.||18.12.2023|
|Notice to active participants about the results of the review procedure of the articles||11.1.2024|
|Due date for amended articles||22.1.2024|
The latest date for application for active foreign participants is 27.11.2023.
Please, stick to the deadlines, because only this way can we ensure that your article can be part of the conference program.
- Everyone can participate with only one contribution.
- The paper may be presented at the congress only by the author and/or co-authors.
- Papers will be reviewed using the technique of blind review.
- The certificate of active participation will be given to participants, who will also present their contribution to the congress.
- Submitted manuscripts must be proofread.
- If you are going to submit photo material on which minors are present, please arrange all the needed permissions with their parents by the law (permission for the photo to be published in the proceedings).
- If the registered participant without the paper will not be able to attend the Congress, he/she can notify the organizers about the alternate participant within two days (48 hours).
- Congress may be photographed filmed, and published online, therefore photographs and recordings can be made public. By registering, under these conditions, the participant confirms that he is aware of the possibility of being visible on the photos, recordings, and other created content of the Congress that might be uploaded to the Internet and published.
- Articles will be published in the native languages (Croatian, Serbian, English) of the presenters, with summaries in the native and English languages.
Presentation of article
- You can present on-site in person in Ljubljana or online via Zoom.
- Presentation duration 10 minutes.
- Prepare PowerPoint or other form of presentation.
- Workshop duration 45 -60 minutes. You can have a workshop only on-site and not via Zoom.
Other participants (with no articles)
Apply for participation through the e-mail address: email@example.com.
The latest date for application is 15 March 2024.
All current information about the conference will be available on the website: http://www.dvdds.si
For any extra information, you can contact us at the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participation fee and discounts
|Retirees, full time students and unemployed||70|
|High school students||Free|
*Invited participants are exempt from registration fees.
For every second participant from the same institution, the price of the participation fee is reduced from the relevant price in the table above for 10 EUR.
The preparatory committee of the Congress